Tuesday, December 11, 2012

what happens when you're: born in central america, raised in france, schooled in hollywood, and escaped to san francisco...

I stood upon the platform in vain
The Puerto Ricans were playing you salsa in the rain
With open doors and manual locks
In fast food parking lots


I'm heading North, I'm a gal on the move
This city's lied to me, I'm seeking the truth
I need somebody, need someone
I can trust

Cos you told me I was like the Dead Sea
You'll never sink when you are with me
I'm like the Dead Sea
They were the finest words youve ever said to me
Honey can't you see
I was born to be, your Dead Sea


You told me I was good at running away
I left with just the clothes on my back
Cos I left the rest for you while I took a map
for myself

Yes, there are times we all live for somebody else
But my lover left, and so I decided to live for myself
I just felt
I just felt it was time
And I'm glad, cause that's just not right


Now yes, I've been down, I've been defeated
But there was a message I was heeding
Would I stay the night?


But honey cant you see
I was born to be
be your Dead Sea



Its been real, folks. But its time for me to move on. Master's degree in hand and all.

Cheers. Youve all been "Quite Lovely".

No comments:

Post a Comment